Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather W View Post
    Ok...I'm currently settled on using a food delivery service to deliver a CFA meal to him. Let's see how that is going to work out...
    Love that idea!!!

And now I’m going to see if that is an option for my LU student. I never got a package out to him and his last final is Monday and he flies home Tuesday.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Quote Originally Posted by ShayChristie View Post
    Love that idea!!!

And now I’m going to see if that is an option for my LU student. I never got a package out to him and his last final is Monday and he flies home Tuesday.
    I called the CFA and found the service that will deliver for them, but I haven't figured out the delivery cost yet.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I just got back from my house and realize I didn't post what we did today.

Home Construction:
    Swept/ mopped/ scraped - I mainly did a quick mop around the house to settle the dust. It is still super dirty, but the mud is firmly attached to the floor, which is better than clouds of dust as you walk. I really mopped/ scrubbed the areas where the appliances will go.
    Cleaned out the garbage
    Cleared out a load of things we don't need - like the drywall lift.
    Dh did outlets and power things

At Home:
    Lunch
    School

kids were playing a game that involved spraying the water bottle in the living room, full of tvs and electronics. So I made them take the game to our house. They continued in our living room full of muddy floors that needed mopping. They played for a good hour and a half. I scrapped more mud off the floor and mopped behind their play as they moved to different rooms. Somehow the modest amount of water game in mom's house became a copious amount of water game in our house. They were drenched and it's 3* outside right now so going from the house to the van to the other house was very very freezing.

Kids taking showers/ changing
    Need to:
    make cocoa/ supper
    wash clothes
    dry boots

my 11 year decided he wants a pony tail, so I showed him how to do it. I actually really like his hair in a pony.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Just popping on to say hi!

It's been a busy day. P and K are on the OCC committee at church, and signed up to go with the rest of the committee to pack at the warehouse today. I got them up at the church before 9, then Boyo and I ran errands: HD (two separate ones), natural grocery store, regular grocery store. Since the girls got home, K and I have been busy working on her console.

I've decided I don't like what I had planned for dinner, so I'm going to do something else. I better get to it!

Enjoy your evening, friends! I am looking forward to catching up with you tomorrow!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Jekka- Well done at the house!

Robin- We didn't do OCC this year in favor of the local project. But, I haven't gotten anything for the local project yet. We pack boxes on Saturday. Shoot.

Update:
    • did an art lesson with J
    • spent way too long working on the care package
    • moved laundry to the dryer
    • cut up chicken for nuggets for dinner
    • work pick up
    • dropped R on campus- for the final touch ups on her garment and fashion graphics project (which apparently needed tweaking after a change was made by the prof- after they were turned in)
    • choir
    • loaded and ran the dishwasher
    • chatted with a friend via text

We will be busy over the next few days. Tomorrow Dan and I are going to see R's fashion projects on display with the other students' projects. It's going to be a rated R exhibit. So, we'll leave her brothers at home. Saturday I have three things going on- a dr's appt, another wreath workshop, and a dinner party. Sunday is caroling after church and during church we have children's church and snack duty. Monday night our choir is singing at the kettle for two hours. That's always fun.

It's snowing tonight. So pretty!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).