Thread: Those library book sales....

Default Those library book sales....

I am a bit obsessed with going to our "members' only night" at the start of our annual book sale, and tonight I found a copy of "If Jesus Came to my House". It was not a library discard; someone had donated it to the sale. It's in great condition! (It's the newer, full-color version....with 2008 copyright for illustrations).

Funny how many years after using FIAR, I am still enamored with finding all the books, if I can! Something to pass down to my daughter someday....
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

I still hunt them too. My dd is using my manuals (she wants my notes), go-alongs, things I collected to go with each book, and the books she doesn’t have. No way I’m getting rid of any of them! I keep hoping to find a really great OOP one day at a library sale or thrift store!
    Wife to David for 42 years, mom of 9, homeschooling Abby (16). Grammy to 6 granddaughters and 2 grandsons and 2 new babies due in the spring of 19! Homeschooling since 1986, Loving FIAR since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy in Alabama View Post
    I still hunt them too. My dd is using my manuals (she wants my notes), go-alongs, things I collected to go with each book, and the books she doesn’t have. No way I’m getting rid of any of them! I keep hoping to find a really great OOP one day at a library sale or thrift store!
    Several years ago, I found our library's copy of "The Giraffe that Walked to Paris" at the book sale. I had this strong urge to stuff it under my coat and run! (after paying, of course! )

But I was torn -- excited for my OOP find, but sad that the library had elected to weed it from the collection.

Joy, that's great that your daughter is enjoying your FIAR books and materials! My daughter has assured me that she will treasure and use our FIAR curriculum, and so your post makes me think I might want to go through all my lesson plans and organize them better! It would actually be a fun thing to do!
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

We found "Night of the Moonjellies" at the library sale when it was out of print for 25 cents. Although I bought each child a copy when it came back in print, my youngest still prefers the library sale one. She says it smells like the sea!

Jill in Monrovia

I’m still on the hunt, too. I’d love to have 4 copies of each book to be able to give them each a collection, but I’m far from that.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige, I've done really well at https://bookoutlet.com/ I've found Mr. Gumpy before, both of them. They tend to offer a lot of them. They have a remainder mark but I've rather that than no copy at all. I got copies of "If Jesus came to my house." I only did FIAR not BFIAR so now I'm working on watching for the Before books.

Jill in Monrovia

Thanks, Jill
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)