Thread: Good to have a plan . . .

Default Good to have a plan . . .

After many, many months of meeting with doctors, setting up appointments, canceling appointments, finding new doctors, reading up, crying, think we finally have a plan for Simon. It is going to be another long year, but that's what we do, as moms, right? We're in for the marathon, not the sprint. We're here to help our kids, the best we can, to become independent, God loving, men and women of the next generation.

Now onto the finances and day to day planning of it all. Time to tighten the purse string, like it has never been tightened before. Well okay, once before when we bought our very first home. We've done it then, we did it when we were first a one income household, we can do it again.

Edited to correct spelling. At least I know where my child gets his learning issues ~ that would be from me! (the other takes after his dad)
    Last edited by Jennifer in VA; 06-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Jennifer
    married 21 years to Kevin, Simon (18) college freshman and Ian (15) high school sophmore!

for a plan! But now I am curious as to what is your plan?
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

We'll be doing Vision Therapy for almost a year. There are a lot of issues with how his eyes track, jump from one line to another, and things along those lines. The doctor we'll be seeing has heard of Audiblox (which we bought a couple months ago) and thinks it's a great idea. So, I've asked what kind of exercises they'll do with Simon at Therapy and do the things from Audiblox that are not the same.

We'll also be stepping up the exercising as core strength is still way behind. That, should also help with a lot of other little things.

On the plus side, as we've already paid, out of pocket, so much this year for O/T and P/T, it won't be much before therapy is paid in full. With what we having in savings, we can almost finish paying that portion now and have remainder paid for. Insurance will end up paying about half.
    Jennifer
    married 21 years to Kevin, Simon (18) college freshman and Ian (15) high school sophmore!

A plan does feel good. Praying for you, friend, as you work with your boy.
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 20yo Eli, 18yo Kyle, and 14yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

good to have a plan!

I think I'll start a new thread to see what other's have in mind for their special little ones this fall.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Blessed to be a homeschooling Mom!
    dd 22 and dgs 1, dd 19, ds 17, dd 14, dd 9, ds 7, ds 6, ds 3